Updated on July 8, 2015
New HeinOnline resource opens door to world’s constitutions and more
HeinOnline now has available World Constitutions Illustrated: Contemporary & Historical Documents & Resources.
World Constitutions Illustrated is now available as an a la carte library which introduces a brand new legal research platform that brings together constitutional documents, books, articles, bibliographic referenes and Web sites all in one database.
Although it is still in its infancy, it does contain the current constitution for every country (193 countries) as well as substantial constitutional hierarchies for the United Kingdom, France, Brazil and Colombia.
Included for every country:
- The current constitution in its original language and in English.
- Links to commentaries and other relevant sources such as the World Fact Book, Annual Human Rights Reports from the Secretary of State and country studies.
- Direct links to specific chapters within the 800 classic constitutional books that discuss the country.
- A bibliography of other select constitutional books about the constitutional development or the history of the government.
- Links to online sources such as the Portal of the World and the official government Web site for the country.
Also included is a connection to hundreds of historical documents, providing you with a historical view of the constitution.
That’s not all!
This collection features, for the first time in an online digital format, the complete set of the British & Foreign State Papers, one of the greatest collections of legal and political documents ever published. The collection also includes more than 800 classic constitutional books from some of the greatest legal minds in history, including Aristotle, Francis Bacon, Max Farrand, Henry Hallam, Karl Marx, Thomas Paine, Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson and many more!
So check it out! I think you will like it!
W. Blake Wilson, Instuctional & Research Services Librarian